There is a difference between interest and commitment.
If you're interested in something, you only do it when it's convenient.
When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Healthy Turkey Gyros


I am so pumped to tell you about a new recipe I tried. It wasn't so much a recipe as me throwing a bunch of spices together as our kitchen was rather barren. 


Heavenly!
So here is how it all went down
  • Brown 1 lb. ground turkey
  • Spread cooked turkey across the pan so it creates a single layer
  • Sprinkle with : oregano, salt, onion powder, garlic poweder, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, black pepper, and fresh parsley
    • I did not measure out anything, but simply dusted all of the turkey with each of the spices.
  • Place on a whole grain pita (mine was a whole grain/flax seed variety)
  • Add ingredients of your choice: we chose onion, romaine lettuce, tomato, and a small amount of feta cheese
  • The sauce was 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt mixed with 1/2tsp minced garlic, a sprinkle of garlic powder, and 1/4tsp salt
    • The recipe I found called for cucumber, dill, and other ingredients, however I didn't have any of that in my house.

 I'm not sure the exact calorie count of this meal, the only somewhat unhealthy ingredient was the feta, which is completely optional.

This is definitely a meal we will be enjoying again! Mike even raved about the sauce, claiming I would need to make it for various other dishes. Well then, I did something right! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment